National Championships 2012
Singapore Gymnastics organises TWO annual competitions covering 3 disciplines of gymnastics: Men’s Artistic, Women’s Artistic and Rhythmic Gymnastics:
- National Championships (March)
- Singapore Open Gymnastics Championships (June/July)
2014 is the 6th year of the National Championships and the 11th year of the Singapore Open Gymnastics Championships; offering spectacular gymnastics promising to be ever more interesting with an expected 450 gymnasts. Singapore, the melting pot of cultures, will welcome performances by gymnasts from a variety of countries, all in contention for medals. With music, drama and excitement unfolding for spectators, who will make the top of the podium awaits the judges scores on the day – who will win the fight to stay on the 10cm wide beam? Whose ball will fly out of the floor area? Who will stick the vault solidly? Who will complete their routine without dropping apparatus?
- The events will take place at the central location of Bishan Sports Hall, the gymnastics competition venue for the 1st Youth Olympic Games in 2010. Spectators are welcome throughout the event.
- The excitement commences with the thrills in the breath taking challenges involved in Artistic Gymnastics followed by the spectacular appeal of grace, harmony and beauty of Rhythmic Gymnastics.
- The event is a great opportunity for you the audience to see the up and coming gymnasts of Singapore, for gymnasts to display their hard work and officially be ranked in Singapore and against international.
Singapore Gymnastics runs competitions following the National Technical Programme which was developed in 2006 by Technical Experts to provide a sound development pathway for gymnasts for all ages to lead up to international standards. The programme starts with Kinder level and leads up to FIG Junior and Senior level through Levels and Stages pathways. Full details of which can be found in the National Programme Policy. The competitions also allow local participants to be graded. Directives are published on this website prior to each competition, as are results following the event. Please refer to the National Competition Policy for regulations and deadlines common to all sets of directives. Singapore Gymnastics details the appeals process through this competition policy; the Appeals Form is available at all events.
Technical Manuals for National Levels and Stages, and accompanying dvds and audio CDs are available from the SG Office to members.