- The FEDERATION INTERNATIONALE DE GYMNASTIQUE (FIG) is the exclusive, global umbrella organization that governs the discipline, its rules and its competitions.
- The FIG is the sole authority recognized by the INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE (IOC) and other international institutions, such as the UNITED NATIONS (UN), WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION (WHO) and UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN’S FUND (UNICEF).
- The official website of FIG is http://www.fig-gymnastics.com
- The FIG governs the following gymnastics disciplines:
Gymnastics For All (GFA)
Men’s Artistic Gymnastics (MAG)
Women’s Artistic Gymnastics (WAG)
Rhythmic Gymnastics (RG)
- The FIG has a membership of 127 National Affiliated Federations.
- SINGAPORE GYMNASTICS (SG) is one of the national affiliates of the FIG.
- SG is the governing body for gymnastics in Singapore, i.e. the National Sports Association (NSA) for gymnastics in Singapore.
- SG is one of the 39 NSAs which are Ordinary Affiliates of SINGAPORE NATIONAL OLYMPIC COUNCIL (SNOC).
- SNOC selects athletes to represent Singapore at the Major Games, e.g. SEA Games, Commonwealth Games, Asian Games and the Summer Olympic Games.
- The official website of SNOC is www.snoc.org.sg
- SG is not only a registered sports body and the NSA but also a Charity (Basic Tier II), as well as an Institution of a Public Character (Enhanced Tier).
- SG receives financial grants annually from the MINISTRY OF COMMUNITY, CULTURE & YOUTH (MCCY) through Sport Singapore.
- SG also receives donations and financial contributions from stakeholders, sponsors, corporate entities and the public to fund its operations and programs.
- The administration of SG is entrusted by the General Assembly of Full Members to a Management Committee (MC), and run according to the SG Constitution.
- The MC comprises of total 12 representatives – the President, three Vice-Presidents, Secretary and Assistant Secretary, Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer, and four Ordinary Committee Members – of Full Members elected by the General Assembly of Full Members, or co-opted by the MC from its Full Members and Associate Members.
- The term of office of the MC is 2 years.
- The MC appoints Sub-Committees comprising of representatives of Full Members and/ or Associate Members to assist in the management and administration of SG.
- The Secretariat comprising of the General Manager and staff (full-time and part-time) assists the MC in the conduct of the affairs of SG.
↑ Return to About SG
Selected at the Annual General Meeting by SG Full members on Saturday 11th July 2015: Management Committee as of AGM – 11 July 2015 President: CHOY Kah Kin 1st Vice President: GAN Chai San 2nd Vice President: Patrick HO 3rd Vice President: Edward LOW Honourary Secretary: Madeline CHAN Assistant Secretary: Vacant Treasurer: Stephen LIM Assistant Treasurer: Pansy KUAH Committee Member 1: Alfred NATHAN Committee Member …
Singapore Gymnastics Staff Directory SINGAPORE GYMNASTICS General Manager (Vacant) Finance & HR Manager Email: email@example.com Quek Meizhen Teresa High Performance Manager Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Roles: High Performance (WAG, MAG, RG), Athlete Services Tan Kee Yuen High Performance Executive Email: email@example.com Roles: High Performance (WAG, MAG, RG), Athlete Services Sport Administration & Events Executive …
The elected Chair person of each sub committee will work together with members of the Management Committee to implement their respective plans so as to achieve their stated targets and desired goals. Rhythmic Gymnastics Discipline Sub Committee Chairperson/Head – Patrick Ho National Technical Co-ordinator – Cherrie Kwek (Competition Pathway) National Judge Co-ordinator – Choy Dian Chun …